Coolness of Our Eyes
By Ayman Taleb
Dedicated to my daughter, Aneesah
You came into this world crying
I didn’t believe my eyes
After many hours of labor and prayer
It still felt like a surprise
And when I held you for the first time
I felt right at home
You were so small and fragile
Your eyes clearly showed
I took you to meet Mama
And I made athaan in your right
And every day, I thank Allah
That you’re in my life
Chorus
You’re my sun, you’re my world
I’ll love you for eternity
You’re held in my heart, so special
You’re my destiny
From the day you were born
Until the day we die
For me and your mother
You’re the coolness of our eyes
People told me my life would change
Your life’s over, they warned
I was made the man I am today
The day you were born
I’ll play with you, teach you,
And be your friend
InshaAllah you’ll learn the deen
Islam you’ll comprehend
Watching you growing up
Is a blessing in disguise
And every day, I thank Allah
That you’re in my life
Chorus
Your face is beautiful, so bright
Your smile makes me warm inside
I wanna say clear and loud
You make us so proud
My child, you’re the coolness of our eyes, oh
Chorus 2X
For me and your mother
You’ll always be the coolness of our eyes
No comments:
Post a Comment