A few hours and a million thoughts later, I decided to take a home pregnancy test (HPT) during my lunch break, because it wasn’t like I could eat anything. I didn’t know what to expect and honestly I was okay with a negative, I just really wanted to know. After 2 minutes and a nerve wrecking restroom visit, I see a positive sign. My initial reaction was to stare at it in shock. Then I picked it up and held it closer to make sure I read it clearly. SubhanAllah, I’m pregnant! Now, my next reaction was wait, could this be a false positive? Hmm, maybe so, but for now I will take the information I do have and go with it. Alhamdulillah 3ala kulli shay’.
Who do I call? I want to more than anything in the world to call Ayman, but if I were him I most definitely do not want to find out over the phone. So I told myself to be quiet, keep my mouth zipped, and tell him when I see him after work. So I loitered the food isle, found some saltine crackers for lunch, bought them, and headed back to work.
No comments:
Post a Comment