Monday, March 21, 2011

Surprise for Ayman

On the way home from work, it took all I had in me to keep the lil secret hidden for just a bit longer until we got home. Ayman and I pick up some chicken biryani to enjoy for dinner during our HIMYM nights. Surprisingly, I was excited about the food, I couldn’t wait to get my grub on. We stop at the market and who else do we see other than our go-to-couple, IK. We invite them to come over with their dinner to enjoy in our company while watching our fave show on the big screen. This was all fine and dandy except it was hard enough for me to keep the secret for the last few hours, I knew I couldn’t hold it in for another 3. So I had a decision to make, tell him right when we get home, before IK show up, or wait until the end of the night. My decision: tell him, and tell him now.
On our way home from the market, I taunt Ayman by telling him I have a surprise for him at home. He spends the next few minutes guessing and guessing with me just staring at him with a big smile on my face telling him his guesses are wrong wrong wrong. You gotta understand, this is the first time ever I got to own him with a surprise, it’s usually him driving me crazy with them, so I kind of was enjoying it. But i couldn’t wait any longer. We get home, I sit him down and tell him. His initial reaction is a blank stare. And bunches of “no?” “really?” “heh”. Ending with a big smile, happy eyes, and warm hug.

No comments:

Post a Comment